Book Title: Magic Trees of the Mind: How to Nurture Your Child's Intelligence, Creativity, and Healthy Emotions from Birth Through Adolescence
Author: Marian Diamond
- Teaching with the Brain in Mind, Revised 2nd Edition
- Your Child's Growing Mind: Brain Development and Learning From Birth to Adolescence
- The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series)
- Enriching Heredity: The Impact of the Environment on the Anatomy of the Brain
- The Boy Who Was Raised as a Dog: And Other Stories from a Child Psychiatrist's Notebook--What Traumatized Children Can Teach Us About Loss, Love, and Healing
- Einstein Never Used Flashcards: How Our Children Really Learn--and Why They Need to Play More and Memorize Less
- Parents' Guide to IQ Testing and Gifted Education: All You Need to Know to Make the Right Decisions for Your Child
- The Importance of Being Little: What Young Children Really Need from Grownups
- Gifted Testing Flash Cards – Verbal Concepts and Vocabulary for Pre-K – 2nd Grade – Kindergarten Educational Toy Practice for CogAT test, OLSAT test, ITBS, NYC Gifted and Talented, WISC, WPPSI
- Gifted and Talented Test Preparation: Gifted test prep book for the OLSAT, NNAT2, and COGAT; Workbook for children in preschool and kindergarten (Gifted Games)
Cutting edge scientific research has shown that exposure to the right kind of environment during the first years of life actually affects the physical structure of a child's brain, vastly increasing the number of neuron branches—the "magic trees of the mind"—that help us to learn, think, and remember. At each stage of development, the brain's ability to gain new skills and process information is refined.
As a leading researcher at the University of California at Berkeley, Marion Diamond
has been a pioneer in this field of research. Now, Diamond and award-winning science writer Janet Hopson
present a comprehensive enrichment program designed to help parents prepare their children for a lifetime of learning.